Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Stitch Fix #6

I received Stitch Fix #6 today and I couldn't be happier.  I tend to have a love/hate relationship with Stitch Fix.  It's like a lot of my exes.  Sometimes everything is great and I'm happy.   Other times it's like what was I thinking?  My last Fix was so off the mark that I considered quitting.  But Oh Stitch Fix, I just can't quit you!

My first couple of Fixes seemed like the stylist was picking out clothes that a 20 year old thought 40 year old moms should wear.  Frumpy, and bland.   Then I asked for some edgier clothes in my stylist note and pinned some very specific items I liked as opposed to general style ideas.  Things got better after that but still the clothes weren't really my style.  Finally I requested a different stylist for my next Fix and she definitely got it right.


 The Filbert 3/4 Sleeve Popover Blouse
I loved this top as soon as I tried it on.  I pinned the Moni Stud Blouse in black on my Stitch Fix Inspiration board and this was very similar in style.  It's a cute black top that is cute well and has nicely finished edges.   Kept.

Elissa French Terry Striped Moto Jacket
I thought I would hate this.  I'm not a fan of stripes AND I have a top from Stitch Fix that is somewhat similar.  I was on the fence and almost didn't buy it.  But the material is so comfortable and I liked the way it fit.  It's a good fall jacket that I know I'll wear often.  Kept.

Brookline Mix Material Sweater
This is the one thing that I thought I would love.  It's nice and thick which would be perfect for Colorado winters and I'm really into burgundy right now.  The back has a zipper with a gauzy material underneath.  Cute from the front, right?
The main problem with this sweater is when you unzip the back to show the material underneath.  The front becomes not as well fitted.  It gets too loose and flowy.  Not a good look on a thick sweater.  Also, it was $74.  For that much money it has to be a really great sweater!  Returned.

Corinna Striped Dolman Top
 This top has had a lot of great reviews so I was excited to see it in my Fix.  A big disappointment.  It seemed like it was stretched out.  If fit perfectly in the arms but very loose at the bottom. It was an XS so I couldn't exchange it for a smaller size if I wanted.   Also, the stomach area puffed out in an unflattering way.  I couldn't wait to take this off.  Returned.

Giovanni Straight Leg Jean
I pinned a some of burgundy skinny jeans on Pinterest and they sent me these.  It's hard to tell from the picture but they are more of a rust color.  I really wanted burgundy so I was a little disappointed at first but the color grew on me.  And these pants fit great.  I've had good luck with Level 99 jeans.  I'm 5'2" and 108 lbs and these petite size 4 were perfect.  Kept.

So the only problem with a great Fix?  The money you spend!  But I'm very happy to add these pieces to my wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment